The Bovingdon War Memorial Hall
The War Memorial Hall, situated in the High Street between Bovingdon Primary Academy and the Bowls Club, was built by significant donations from local people and public subscription to commemorate the fallen of the Great War. It was opened in 1921, cost £3,000 to construct, and immediately become the centre of village life.
Today the Memorial Hall has become the centre of a wide variety of regular village activities, including a pre-school, dance and theatre groups, exercise classes, rainbows, local clubs and dog training to name a few. Horticultural shows, jumble sales, weekly country market (selling homemade produce) and private functions all make full use of its many facilities.
Bovingdon Parish Council runs the hall via the Hall Management Committee and has over the past two years spent £110k on refurbishing the building.
There are two letting rooms. The Main Hall can accommodate 130 people seated and the Clubroom 30 seated.
Facilities at the hall
* A large production stage
* PA system in the main hall
* A loop system (for the benefit of the hard of hearing) in the Main Hall
* Internal and External toilets for the disabled
* A modernised, fully equipped kitchen
* Large enclosed rear garden
Also available to booking through the Parish Office:-
* Small portable PA
* Bingo Machine
* Laptop projector
Bookings for the Memorial Hall are arranged through the Parish Office who may be contacted by telephone, fax or email on the numbers below:-
* Telephone – 01442 833036
* Facsimile – 01442 833036
* Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The current charges and full conditions of hire can be downloaded (below) or are available from the Parish Office on application.
See the What’s On webpage for details of groups and classes using the Memorial Hall.
Rear enclosed garden area with some seating
Clubroom (30 people maximum)