Bovingdon Parish Council invites expressions of interest for the contract for the outsourced provision of a Village Warden.
The contract is currently for 32 hours a week (Monday – Saturday) and any interested persons will be expected to:
- have the necessary expertise to undertake a wide range of duties
- must demonstrate some experience in providing this type of service
- supply all the appropriate equipment and machinery required to undertake the contract
- be conversant with current health & safety standards
- interact constructively and sympathetically with residents while carrying out the duties
- provide own transport
The contracted work includes:
- ensuring that public areas and items of equipment within the village, which are unsightly, damaged or unsafe are quickly identified and reported to the relevant authorities
- rectify problems such as litter, broken glass, fly tipping, fly posting, etc.
- maintain vegetation and amenity areas
- undertake minor maintenance work
- monitoring and removal of dog waste
- provide community support and work with the parish council on specific tasks, for example, maintenance of footpaths
- regular inspection route over a large and varied area
Expressions of interest to be sent in writing to Mike Kember, Parish Clerk, Bovingdon Parish Council, The Memorial Hall, High Street, Bovingdon, Herts. HP3 0HJ or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than noon on Friday 10 August 2018.